Thursday, April 7, 2011

ELLLLMMMOOOO!

Picture from Wikipedia.  Author David Shankbone.
I was starting to despair a little, when after this weekend my kids didn't say any really weird things.  Last night, however, they came through with flying colors!

Scene: Beautiful Wife and I were sitting on the couch reading after dinner, waiting for the magic 7pm when we let the kids watch one cartoon before bed.  Against the side of our couch is bank of bins filled with the kids' toys.  Since Sweet Little Hellion (my 1 year old daughter) is not tall enough to reach the top bins, she likes to try to climb onto the back of the couch to reach toys.

"AHEM, little girl, what do you think you are doing up there?" BW says in her 'your in trouble kid' voice.

SLH turns to her, balancing precariously on the arm of the couch, and says "ELLLLLLL MOOOOOOO!" In a tone that just screams I told you this a thousand times Mom, so back off! 

She is 1... ONE!*

Attitude...  I am not looking forward to the teenage years if this is the precursor.

Then she grabs her little Elmo doll and scampers down to play with it.

Not to be outdone by his sister, Little Berserker Spawn decides to get in on the action

LBS and BW are talking after Dora is all done with.  He just randomly blurts out "You're funny looking Mommy!" in this sweet, little adorable tone.  "BWAHAHAHAHA!" I blurt out pointing at her.  Murder-Death-Kill gaze falls on me from BW.  I don't care.  It was cosmic retribution for the hair color incident.

LBW looks at me, confused (he is only 3) and laughs a little, pretending he gets the joke.  BW says, offended, "LBS that was not very nice." LBS saunters over and gives her a big hug.  He says, "It's ok mommy, your pretty too!"

HAHAHA!  So, funny!


*Well, she will be 2 next month, but still!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Get used to it BF! In case your kids haven't already told you, you should know that you are not the boss of them. It's shocking, I know. I thought I was the boss of my kids for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Sweet Little Hellion has been practicing her eye rolling already. But Little Berserker Spawn acknowledges that I am charge for now. Every once in a while he asks, "Dad, you're in charge?" I suppose it is only a matter of time before he just states I am no longer in charge, though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...